On Wednesday, Lucio and I headed out to his family's farm, El Consuelo, to watch over it while his parents stay in the city. The Scelso's farm has got to be one of the lovliest, most peaceful places ever. It's isolated, with a never-ending soundtrack of birds chirping; a short walk to Rio Segundo, a million books to choose from in the extensive Scelso library--the perfect place to think, relax, and reflect on my trip so far, away from the stifling hot and noisy city. So needless to say, I was stoked to be there. Thursday was Thanksgiving, and I hadn't given it a second thought to celebrate...but Lucio spent time in the states as a teenager and loves any excuse to cook a big meal and celebrate, so we decided to cross cultures and have a Córdoba Thanksgiving! We cooked an enormous asado (quintessential Argentine bbq), drank lots of Fernet and Coke (quintessential Córdoba drink) and, for dessert, ate lots of alfajores (quintessential Córdoba delicacy). I even made him say what he's thankful for, like my Mom has made me do for years. I couldn't think of a better place to spend my Thanksgiving away from home...thanks, Lu!
Also of note, my friend Denise--remember Denise from Ecuador??--came to Córdoba back the day after I arrived. I showed her around to the arts market, the downtown plaza, pedestrian streets...it was fun showing someone around a city I know well. We also went to Alta Gracia and saw the Che Guevara Museum--I had been last year, but felt like I was more fascinated by it this time through. It was great to reunite with a travel friend!! Hope we can do it again, Denise!!
I´m always up for it =) Este verano tal vez??
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you´re still living it up, montevideo sounds fabulouso, disfrutas de las ultimas semanas, abrazos para todos! xoxo