Friday, October 16, 2009

um, this decade is almost over...?

Did anyone else realize that?

I'm a sucker for nostalgia. Especially innapropriately early nostalgia. That's why I enjoy VH1's shows, "Best Day Ever," and "Best Week Ever" because they reflect back on the recently completed day and week like they were historical periods in our lifetime. So I've been thinking, what will we remember as quintissential "thousands" moments, culture, fashion and songs of the new millennium? How will we define this decade? (By the way, WHAT are we going to call this decade? The Aughts? The Double Ohs? I'm gonna go ahead with The Thousands for now). Basically, I'm thinking about this now so that in the year 2011 (clearly enough distance) I can plan a Typical Thousands party where we all dress up and listen to music that was SOOOO Thousands....(I hope you can detect my sarcasm. And I also hope you understand that I'm actually planning this party.)

I'm also known for for recapping the week's moments with my friends, where we share our best and worst moements of the week. My family has been known to do the same at the end of the year. So naaaaturally I've been keeping a little list of my best moments of the decade. This actually has turned out to be a list of all the best moments of my conscience, adult life, seeing as the years 2000-2009 incorporate all of high school and college. But it's fun, nonetheless, to recap the last 10 years and try to remember all the good moments. I recommend you do it too--it makes you feel kinda good.

Oh, and for the record, we are all gonna look back on Kelly Clarkson's music as SOOOO thousands....

No comments:

Post a Comment